Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A day in the life of an MBA student


The alarm goes off at 6 in the morning. I get up and prepare my stuff for the day. At 6:30 I get Monica up and we read scriptures with Laura. At 7 I'm out the door headed to the Smithfield house: it's time for some exercise. I run for about 30 minutes and then go to the gym for another 15. At 8 I have racquetball class. It's a good time to get rid of any frustrations I may have. Right after racquetball class I take a shower at the RB building and head to the Tanner building (the Marriott School of Management). With the fun part of the day out of the way, it's time for some grilling. I open my laptop and check my schedule for any readings, homework, quizzes, or whatever is due that day. I have two hours to work on those. At noon I go to the MBA lounge and have lunch with friends.
At 12:30 I have my first class and at 2 pm I have the next one. It's back to back torture as the professors love cold calling students with questions you never thought about.
At 3:30 it's time for group meeting to discuss upcoming projects. This could take anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours. I check on Laura and the kids every once in a while, but by this time of day I'm missing them. At around 5 Laura calls me to check my schedule and make plans for dinner. I usually tell her I'll be in school for another hour or two, but sometimes I tell her it will be a long night. Some projects take longer than others, and there are meetings all over the place. I’m convinced people love meetings.
On a good day I'm home by 6:30 and then I play with the kids until Laura tells me I'm being too rowdy. I'm usually the dinosaur and they are the hunters. It's rough on my back but refreshing on my mind. We put the kids in bed by 7:30 or 8 and sometimes there is time for a movie. That's a good day! Last night I left the Tanner building at 10:30 pm, and I wished I had finished what I had started, but that only means there's more today.

2 comments:

  1. i everyone i am finding some MBA stud stuff something business regarding. I like your post dear. nice blog.
    Online MBA

    ReplyDelete