Monday, February 14, 2011

Cell-phones and Life!

I lived in a time with no cell phone and no internet! I know, it's hard to believe it. How could anyone not hear from a friend for more than... well... 1 hour?! And what about the net? How could anyone not know what as going on in the world for more than... umm... 10 mins?! The truth is, we have the world on our fingertips, and what do we do with it? I'll tell you what we do: we close ourselves in our empty closets, believing we are out there with the waves and the zings and the zaps of our electronic universe. There was a time when I walked for 30 mins just to talk to a friend. It gave me time to think what to tell her. There was a time when a letter was a meaninful testament so much richer and complete than a text message will ever be. And yes, it took days to get there, but it created this hard-to-explain world of dream and fantasy. Cell phones have made it easier to talk to our friends, but I miss the days we spent hours on the phone, catching up with things, since we had so much to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment